Thursday 15 November 2012

Brno, Czech Repulic

Brno feels like a town with an identity crisis in some ways, it lacks the rich cultural history of Prague, even though it is the second biggest city in the Czech Republic.  Most of my time was spent during training for my job so I didn't really get out and about except during evenings which were really not useful for taking pictures of seeing the sights.

 Noticeable things, a lot of the city is styled in a really 70's communist style, which is both fascinating and a little saddening.


I would love to see more of it during daylight hours, since I am certain there has to be more to this place for so many people to be living there.


Another thing worth commenting on is the food, it tends towards a very huntsman's style, lots of game meats, and a lot of amazing gravy.  The local beer is of course Pilsner, which was quite nice.
Surprisingly though I had some of the local wine (mostly whites) and it was really nice, a little sweeter than some might like it but I found it really drinkable.

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilsner - Pilsner
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brno - Brno




No comments:

Post a Comment