Thursday 28 May 2015

Home

So after something in the region of 13 years I finally decided it was time to head back to New Zealand.  This was a fairly difficult decision, I had been unwell for quite some time in Germany by the time I decided I should give in and go home.  But it was also a decision based on being so far from my family and my father who has been sick, and also because I missed being able to engage in random conversations with strangers.  (Yes this was technically becoming possible through my German classes, but not quickly enough)

It has been a little strange to be here, this is the first time that I have been unemployed in almost 15 years, and living on the government assistance that I receive is just awful.  I have no idea how anybody does it.  I am just lucky that I can live with my parents for awhile as well.

I have mostly been enjoying the time to relax, feel better (yes my health has been great since coming home), and to just enjoy my home country for a change.

Right now I am actively looking for jobs, there are some prospects but nothing certain for now... will I end up staying in New Zealand? I am not certain yet... but everything is being handled one day at a time for now.

And what about this blog? Since I have walked back home.... I am actually going to keep it up, there will be a post about the Aurora Australis, and one about Seaward Bush a neat little bush walk near my house.

I don't aim for my travels to be over either, I want to visit some friends in America within the next two years, and I still have things to see in Europe and some cherished people there who will be overdue for a hug by the time I can get back there.

Love,
Abigail

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial license.

No comments:

Post a Comment