Thursday 28 May 2015

Seaward Bush - Southland, New Zealand

This post is mostly just a collection of photographs from my recent walk through the Seaward Bush Reserve which is only about a 10 minute drive from my parents house! Bonus nearby nature!


There are actually loads of these places in New Zealand, so if you just want to feel like you are in Middle Earth just stroll into one of these and go for a wander.


Partly I went for this walk to take photos, and get some practice, and I can heavily recommend forest type situations as a good method for learning to cope with shifting light values.  Every few metres I was adjusting for ambient light.


I also used manual focus, and all manual mode just for a change of pace, a huge amount of my photos before were shot using Aperture Priority mode.


New Zealand really is a beautiful country though, and a nice 45 minute walk helped remind me of that.


It also kinda makes me want to take on a more serious adventure, like the Milford Track.


Things growing on other things are cool.



And almost out!



So there we go people, a very quick trip through a neat little New Zealand nature reserve... I have no idea what my next blog post will be about, but there definitely will be one I promise.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial license.

No comments:

Post a Comment