Monday 2 July 2012

Hannover Zoo, Hannover, Germany

This post should be a little more fun, my day began by wandering into the city to complete some of my residence paperwork and to be fingerprinted by the foreigners department, once all of that was out of the way I was so cheerful that I thought I might visit a beer garden properly.
Along the way I was speaking to a friend on the phone and spotted a sign that said Zoo... the general consensus was that I immediately head to the Zoo.

As it turns out it was really fun! And there was still a beer garden where I sneaked a few drinks before heading home.  The price of an adult ticket is 23 euros, very much worth it, and there were numerous souvenir shops, ice cream, coffee etc along the way

It was a disturbingly hot day, and I was experimenting a little with my telephoto lens since most of the animals were not particularly excited to come right up to within decent photo range.


Eingang! One of the few German words I already know which means entry (for pedestrians) if this was for cars it would be an Einfahrt.  The opposite is an Ausgang (for pedestrians) and an Ausfahrt for cars.... see education happens all the time!







This creature is awesome, he kinda reminded me of E.T


And I really liked these things, just chilling out upside down snacking on stuff and being cute


I assure you this wolf is not dead, it was just such a hot day it was incapable of much beyond lying on the ground panting and occasionally flailing about


These are not meerkats!


You might remember this bird from such other internet pictures as "O RLY?"







The guinea pig town was a harsh reminder just how close humankind is to total eradication at the hands of small rodents... I forgot to get pictures of the rest of their town, but they had shops and houses too, fairly soon they will begin using tools and when they do, we are all in trouble







And lastly, my favourite creatures on earth....




No comments:

Post a Comment