Saturday 1 June 2013

Prague, Czech Republic - the rough version

I will confess now, so as to avoid your future heartbreak... I went to Prague simply because I was going to an IAMX concert.  And I got so vigorously trashed at the concert that a lot of my tourism was conducted as an afterthought while severely jaded and hobbling around on a torn calf muscle.

But here goes...first up a quick photographic duck through the grounds of Prague Castle...


Here is yet another gold gilded gate... with requisite cherubs and such finery...


And of course the mythological hero slaying some poor fool for daring to gaze upon the gold with his filthy beggar eyes.


Haha, I hope you have the correct permissions to observe my shininess!


These guys are rather a lot like the guys at Buckingham Palace, only they use the letter Z way more often in their words.


Oh look another massive Gothic styled church...um, yes, we have seen these quite a few times now.


This one has some brightly coloured graffiti though!


This is the view from the castle grounds... you can see in the distance the Charles Bridge... its rather a big deal which is why I have no dedicated photos of it.


Then we scurried away from the seriousness of the castle..


And encountered this glorious example of street lampery!


And this... um... I don't know what this is trying to be, but it was unnerving.


Then we apparently teleported inside the world famous Astronomical Clock, which is so famous I have no pictures of that either.  But I did take this rather vertigo inducing picture of part of the main square.


And this one too, which shows the big important statue I can't remember the name or meaning of.


There was also this church, it had some significance, something about a god.


Oh good grief what this? probably some other religious thing or a town hall.... I don't know.

OH! But here are some things I do remember.

IAMX were absolutely amazing as always...even during the sound check I got to see before the show



And Chris Corner was a truly awesome man, the other meet and greet visitors and I chatted with him for a little while, we all swooned like teenage girls for a little bit, and then I watched the best gig of my life.



Ok guys that's all I have for this entry... I am actually heading back to Prague next month, so I will try to document things a little better this time around and either update this article, or write a much better one then.

References:
Astronomical Clock - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Astronomical_Clock
Prague Castle - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Castle
Charles Bridge - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bridge
IAMX - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAMX
Chris Corner - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Corner

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial license.

No comments:

Post a Comment