Thursday 14 March 2013

Cambridge, England

I will be very honest, I was only in Cambridge for an hour after a work meeting so I really didn't get time for proper tourism or to absorb the local history.


As such I am simply throwing some photos in at random, with no real explanations, these are all just beautiful things I saw on my brief walk to get a coffee before heading back to my hotel.


Most famously this is the home of Cambridge University, and the whole town does have an excellent student vibe to it, as well as a very village atmosphere... its a really welcoming combination to be honest.
  

Of all of the places I visited in the UK this was the only one I could see myself ever really living long term.


Pink Floyd were from Cambridge....


As was Olivia Newton-John.....


People have been living in the area for the last 3,500 years at least, this information has nothing to do with the photograph above it... I am not implying that Jesus lived here during his O.E


Next Blogs: Stonehenge, Bournemouth Beach, Toyohashi, Paris!
(Quality control be damned! I need to get current!)

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge - Cambridge Wikipedia page

No comments:

Post a Comment